Thursday, October 8, 2009

The past couple of weeks.

I'm so sorry I haven't written on this for awhile! I have been super busy.

Last Monday-Thursday we had sign-ups for ESL classes. We got a huge turn out in the two towns that we're teaching ESL, Udine and Valvesone. I believe all in all we have almost 200 people. :) That's so amazing, and I know that God brought the people He wanted to be there. That doesn't even count kids classes. :D

In between sign-ups, my mom came in on Wednesday. We had a great week. We went to Slovania and then to Venice. She got to come to Thursday night sign-ups in Valvesone. My mom also got to experience the Italian church, I think she liked it... but it's hard to get anything out of it. After church, we went to this castle, about 25 minutes away and had great food. It was very much a girly, fancy place. SOOOOOO pretty too.

Monday started classes, I was soooo nervous. Spoke way to fast... but all in all, I think I did somewhat okay. Tuesday Becky, my roommate, and I went down to Valvesone to teach with Maureen, my boss. It's such a different feel from Udine to Valvesone... very laid back and easy going people. Where as Udine is not like that... pretty much the complete oppostie.

My mom left yesterday..... It was one of the saddest days of my life. I don't know why it was so hard, because I'm only here for another 10 weeks. But it was super hard. I got up at 4:15 a.m. because a family friend that traveled with my mom and grandmother came and her flight left at 8 a.m. So, we had to get up to take her to the airport. So, we drove to Venice, where the airport is and dropped off my mom, grandmother and family friend then Mrs. Jeannette and I took the bus to the train station and then took the train back home. I wasn't feeling well, all morning... fever, headache, going back and forth between hot/cold, runny nose, etc. In the afternoon, I felt even worse, Becky and I left for classes, here in Udine and I just felt horrible, didn't teach any of the base class because I felt like I could throw up at any moment. So, I sat in the corner trying to act happy... I don't think it worked very well though.

Today I feel, the TINIEST bit better, but no where that I need to be to teach a class. My voice is pretty much at a whisper... it's not good. So, I don't think I will be going down to Valvesone to teach classes tonight... :(

Prayer Requests:
1) That I find someone in the intermediate or advance class that I can minister to.
2) That I start to feel better, so I can actually do what I came here to do.
3) That the people's hearts will be softened to here what we have to say.

Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers. You guys are such huge blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment