Sunday, September 13, 2009

And we're off..

Well, today starts a new week.. and a very busy week. I'm glad for something to keep my mind busy. Seems this past week was a good adjusting week... but very slow, a lot of time to think how much I miss everyone back home and wishing I were still back at home. But now the work begins. :)

I'm having to take a class at the Bible college here in Italy... an evangelism class. A little overwhelming, since I didn't know I was actually going to have to be taking this class before I came. I have a 10, 4, and 2 page papers due in ONE week for this ONE class. PLUS, it's six hours a day, for ONE class.... GAH! 9:30-12:30 then 3:30-6:30. Part of me thinks even if I don't get good grades on this stuff, so what?! I didn't come here to do school, I came here to minister. BUT, I don't like getting bad grades... so I'm determined to do well, and "pass". Hopefully by tomorrow morning, I will have a great attitude about having to take this class. God has a plan right?

Okay, so one thing that I was really worried about, but God has been awesome is that I am rooming in ONE room with three other people. I wasn't sure about this, when I learned that I would be with other people... but it's been amazing. Abigale, Bethany, and Ashley. They are fun and great to hang around. And the other students are great as well. But God totally blessed me with great roommates for the next couple weeks that I will be living here at the Bible college.

Well, yesterday we learned how to get train tickets, stamps, etc. It was a good learning experience. I think a group of us will be doing things on the weekend, going to Austria and around Italy. It'll be awesome.

Next week, I will start training for ESL. Then the following week ESL classes will start. So, ministering is coming up, and I'm really getting excited about it. :) The people that I will work with, I have grown to like a lot more than I thought I would. Personalities seem to click pretty well. So, that's a huge answer to prayer.

I think that's about it for now, but I will write soon updating you on my life here in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment