Thursday, September 10, 2009

Changes

Well, Italy is simply beautiful... amazing... awesome... it's feels so weird to be here though!

So, I got in without a hitch! Was never in an airport longer than an hour or so! That was definitely a God thing. All my luggage was in Italy with me! Which was another God thing, because I had heard that British Airways was one of the worst at losing luggage. I definitely started out on the right foot.

I'm living at the Bible college until the end of this month. My roommate, Becky, is in CA with shingles... and is not able to fly until the 25th at the earliest... so we will see when she actually comes back, hope to know in the next week what the plan is. With Becky's sickness, classes, ESL classes, are getting pushed until probably October. A lot later than normal. I also just had Sam, the head of the SEE Teams, tell me that I will be taking an evangelism class with some of the Bible students for a week+ from 9:30-12:30 every day. I'm honestly, NOT happy about it. But it's not about me right? God has a plan. I'm needing to remind myself of that.. and it's probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

Well, the other day the SEE Teams group had to clean up the college for the students coming tomorrow. Cleaning what seemed like hundreds of windows and dusting off even more desks, wardrobes.. etc! Crazy stuff. After cleaning we had our first staff meeting. Then I left with our dear friends, the Walti's, and have spent the past two nights with them. I've gotten to see Udine, eat some terrific gelato and bruschetta. YYYUUUUMMMMMMMYYY! Tonight I'm going to Bible study at the church that's all in Italian... so that will be interesting.

Prayer requests:
1) For Becky that she heals quickly, and is able to come back to Italy feeling well and ready to start ESL classes.
2) That I am able to understand a little more of the language, or at least enough to get by... it's pretty overwhelming.
3) That the people I encounter would be open to hearing about Christ and His love for them.
4) That I would remember that this whole trip is not about me, it's about serving others.

I know I will have more later, and I will update you on that and my new life here in Italy. Thank you for all your prayers and support! :)

1 comment:

  1. I will keep your prayer requests close to my heart and always on my lips! I love you my dearest!

    ReplyDelete